~Day 22 Betty Stir fry

Hi Everyone!
 Tonight I was going to a surprise Birthday party and was asked to bring a Vegan dish! I was excited and well aware there would be some cynical carnivores in attendance so I wanted to bring something everyone would like. I choose to make a basic stir fry thinking it would compliment the menu as a nice side dish and would work well as my main dish. Franc and I always make stir-fry when we have lots of good veggies sitting around so here's our basic stir fry recipe:

I use any and all veggies I have in the fridge tonight it was
Half a purple onion
some cauliflower
Broccoli
green pepper
A handful of mushrooms
carrots
zucchini
purple cabbage
bean sprouts

I sauteed garlic and fresh ginger then added all the veggies except the sprouts I added them last I then mixed about 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, some sugar in the raw and about a tablespoon of vegan Worcestershire and poured this over the veggies I sauteed for a bit longer and that's it, not only is this dish simple but its gorgeous! I also made a very simple garlic and herb couscous out if a box and took that as well. Everyone enjoyed the stir-fry and the couscous and I had plenty to eat and snack on. I also took a plate of my brownies and most people couldn't tell the difference. All in all it was a success and I do think I'm adjusting to tweaking my diet in social situations, I really didn't care that I couldn't have any cake.

                                                              Happy Birthday Mikey!!
                                                                  Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment