~Day 20 Betty OMG Brownies!!

~Day 20 Betty

Its day twenty and I’ve been dreaming of the chocolate bunt cake we had at the Zenith, so I decided to do a little research on Vegan baking and vegan chocolate. It’s really quite simple and much better to make your bake goods from scratch anyway.  I choose to make brownies as my first baking experiment J I found out that Ghirardelli’s makes some baking chips that are dairy free so I went to my local supermarket in search of them. I found a variety of Ghirardelli’s chips but only the semi-sweet baking chips contained no milk ingredients. I made two different batches of brownies and I found both recipes online. The first was OK but the second FABULOUS!!!

Ingredients

  • 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

1.                     Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.                     In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
3.                     Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.

I followed this recipe but once all of the ingredients were mixed I added about a half of a bag of the Ghirardelli chocolate chips to the brownie batter this really makes them extra chocolaty and that’s how we LOVE them!

                                  In Chocolate Heaven,
                                          Betty















No comments:

Post a Comment