~Bettys veggie over biscuits

Hello everyone,
 Here's a recipe I made recently that Franc and the girls just loved! It is a spin on my moms chicken over biscuits recipe *disclaimer-This recipe is in no way considered low fat . I made it exactly the way my mom makes her chicken over biscuits but used soy milk, butter and veggie base and vegetables.

Take 2 tablespoons of earth balance and melt in a pan add 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour and cook for a few minutes (this makes your Roux)

Next add 2 1/2 cups give or take of soy milk original flavor

Stir constantly as it comes to a boil. Add a tablespoon of veggie broth base to taste(I ended up adding 2 total)

Continue to stir until it thickens, this will take awhile about 10 minute or so and you will think its never going to thicken but it will. If you would like to expedite the process you can add 2 teaspoons of cornstarch

Add a frozen bag of green beans, corn, and carrots after its thickened up and bring back to a boil

For my biscuits:

 I used 3 cups of biscuick (i used the low fat version)
 1 cup of soy milk
Mix this together and drop large spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 450 for 5-7 minutes
You can also sprinkle a little garlic powder or salt on them before you bake them if you like
And voile Vegan veggie over biscuits!

Bettys vegan veggie over bicuits
         This  makes great snowy day comfort food and I hope you like it as much as we did!

                                                               xoxo,
                                                               Betty

1 comment: