~Betty makes BBQ!


  Hello everyone I decided to experiment with tempeh last night and it turned out really well. First, off we had never eaten tempeh in any dish but wanted to give it a try. I read many recipes and finally settled on BBQ tempeh sandwiches. I combined several recipes and came up with my own version. Here is how it turned out:

Betty's BBQ Tempeh

Here is how I made it:
Take one 8 Oz package of tempeh (I used Trader Joe's brand)
Crumble it up a bit and add a cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
Let that sit
Saute half an onion and one green pepper until they are soft and reduced
Add tempeh BBQ sauce mixture
Heat and serve
I used Fresh Italian Bread

I was surprised when I just happened to glance at the ingredients of the frozen French fries that we had in our freezer. It said they may contain small amounts of eggs and milk? Why would they add eggs and milk to steak fries? Ridiculous, so I made us some baked fries with season salt which was quick and easy anyway.
Make sure your hungry if you make this it is SUPER filling!
                                                                                     xoxo,
                                                                                     Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment