~Betty cooks some Harmony.

Once again I have cooked  more recipes from The Happy Herbivore cookbook. As you can tell I have found this cookbook to be very easy to use and exceptionally useful. I keep making more recipes and loving them all. I made the 5-Spice Harmony Bowl
5-Spice Harmony Bowl
Do you ever get the feeling after an evening out with friends when you have eaten way too much food and you really need something to just balance you out? Well its not called the Harmony bowl for nothing. This was a very simple and healthy dish that made my girls come running into the kitchen to see what smelled so good. The sweet potato in the 5-spice atop turnip greens and rice was light and filling and simply delicious. What a beautiful lunch. I Had enough left to save for the next day.

 As you all know from our blog posts Franc and I like veggie burgers ALOT! We eat them all the time because they're quick and easy after working all day. We top them with everything we can think of, most recently we discovered daiya cheese which melts fantastic on our veggie burger with some onion, mushrooms, veganaise and as a side dish we made Baked Onion Rings!




Baked Onion  Rings



These were quick to make and are virtually fat free since they are baked and not fried. I think their my new favorite companion for my veggie burgers.... 
                                                                        
                                                                       Peace and Harmony,
                                                                               Betty
                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment